Saturday, February 07, 2009

When You Care

When you care about someone, you really take risks. Risks that can lead to disappointment, pain, and sheer horror if things go really bad. Risks that can leave your heart bleeding for a lifetime. Risks that can render you helpless, speechless, and faithless. Risks that can make you want to kill someone, that can make you wish that someone would just fall dead, or even make you wish you were dead.

This is why we should approach all relationships with God guarding our hearts and minds. Otherwise, you can end up losing both.

My family relationships have always had some type of challenges in them. But I endure because of love them. It's so sad that I feel that there are certain ones that don't feel the same. I honestly feel that they do not love me. And that hurts more than anything.

I know you cannot possibly pay me back for all that I do. But the least you can do is love me. That's not asking for too much.

Perhaps I shouldn't question their love. Maybe they don't know what love is. Perhaps they don't know how to make love "work".

But I don't know why not. Their parents have demonstrated love in the most generous and plain way. So, why don't you know what love looks like?

Well, with all that being said, I will continue to love. A. Because God tells me to do so. B. And because loving makes me feel better about living.

If you don't have love, you don't have life.

And I refuse to live and be dead.

**Nope, this post was not about me and my disability. But I just needed to get that off my chest. Do I feel better? I think.**

Asking for prayer,
Angela Braden

2 comments:

risingsun said...

Hello Angie.

Angie I will be praying for you. There is nothing more powerful in the world than saying a person's name followed by i love you and meaning it.

Some people do not show love because they do not love themselves. People suffer from emotional afflictions. Those afflictions could be hatred, jealousy, greed, covetousness you name it. Some of us struggle through longer and stronger bouts of these issues than others.

Ask god to show the people in your life how to love themselves and ask god to help you to keep doing those things that create the feeling of love inside of you.

Have you ever thought of offering to hold a bible study at your home.

I pray that your cup overflows with compassion, joy and rest amidst your daily journey.

Peace.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Hello SB! Thanks for sharing so much wisdom with me. My heart appreciates your insight and encouragement.
Yes, I've thought about having some sort of group meet at my house, perhaps for Bible study, for support, and/or specific discussions. But I've never gotten around to seriously planning it. I'm not sure if I will anytime soon. I have so, so much on my plate right now. And more has been added to it since I joined church. We'll see...
Why did you ask?
Did you get my e-mail? Just wondering...
Blessings,
Angie