Sunday, July 19, 2009

Random Reflections About Very Specific Things

These are my random reflections.

1. Last week, July 12th, to be exact, I walked into a new age range. No longer will I be able to check the box on surveys, where my old age used to live. Now, I'll be checking a new box. And this new box is reserved for the more mature crowd. And you know what? I'm cool with that.

One of my closest friends was shocked that I was coping with getting older so well. I tried to explain to her that I simply made a decision that I wasn't going to let it get me down. Plus, I realize the only way you can live is if you get older. The two actions are conjoined, and there is no separating them.

2. I read an article the other day that said that only 20% of blind folks were employed. I'm so glad to be in the number! Yeah, I wish I made more money, but at least I do make some.

3. I wish I could get a job that paid me what I'm worth. Being broke all the darn time is nerve wrecking. Not to mention, it's quite unfair to me as a professional, college educated, competent woman. Somehow, someway, this has got to end!

4. My social circles are expanding. And for that, I thank God!

5. Crybabies make me sick!

6. Even though three planes have fallen out the sky this summer, I still wish I was on one of those metal birds. I need a vacation!!!

7. I only like homecooked breakfast food. Breakfast from fastfood joints is yucky!!!

8. I only put on a bra and shoes when I have to. LOL And right now, I wish I wasn't having a "have to" moment. This bra is getting on my nerves! LOLOL Just keeping it real!

9. I need a good book to read. Any suggestions?

10. I wish I had someone in my life that would romance me a little. I'm not really interested in marriage right now. I just want someone I can connect with in a more intimate, loving way.

Why am I not interested in marriage right now? Well, my family life, my responsibility to my mother, makes it difficult for me to think about being responsible for one more person. And when you're married, you have to give so much. Right now, I can't give what I think is required out of a "wife". So, I'll reframe from trying to be what I can't do well. But I have no doubt in my mind that I can be a good girlfriend.

11. I'm sitting here at the hospital with my mother. She just told the docs she wish she could just die. That's something she says often when we're around the house. Honestly, I don't really think she means it. But this time, I think she meant it. and that, makes my heart so sad.

12. Thank God for an internet connection at the hospital!!! Sitting at the hospital with family is so much easier for me than it used to be, simply because of my lap top and the hospital's internet connection.

What I think is interesting is that the hospital's server has blocked access to Facebook. I guess the hospital's staff were using social networking sites too much. Hilarious!!!

**Angie Braden**

No comments: