Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Darling Visitors

It is so interesting to me that my family and friends very seldom visit my blog. I'm not sure why they don't. Maybe it's because some of the content here is old news for them. Well, actually that's only true for a small fraction of my friends and family. But most of the other folks that know me, need to be on this blog learning about me and my blindness. But anyway... I guess if they were interested in learning about me and what it's like to walk in my shoes, they would have sat down and asked me by now. Oh well...

I think it is quite amazing that the people who take the time to stop by here, read, and comment are individuals that have never met me, looked upon my face, heard my voice, or touched my skin. These people that don't know me have agreed to try a little of what I'm offering over here. And for that, I'm an appreciative host. So far, no one has thrown my offerings back at me. So, I think I'm doing pretty good.

Note to my darling readers: Thank you for taking time from your sighted lives to learn about what it is like to live life without sight. Thanks for learning, for growing, and for becoming more sensitive. Thank you for taking this journey to find love, acceptance, and peace along with me. I enjoy the company so much.

With love and appreciation,

Angela Braden

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

Because I get so much out of reading your blog I think I owe you the thankyou for taking time out to write and share your experiences with me and so many other people.

Tae'
P.S. You earned a spot on my other blog [Prayed Up]

www.prayedup.wordpress.com

The Thinking Black Man said...

Hey Angie -

You're blog is one of the most special blogs that I read. And I honestly don't think that it has much to do with your blindness per se, I think that you just give off a very positive, inviting and enjoyable vibe with the things that you write.

I like it alot.

It's funny that you mention that you're friends and family don't visit your blog much. I'm actually pretty happy that this is the case with me. I like the fact that I can just say ANYTHING without ever having to wonder what my sister or my brother or my parents or my co-workers or friends might think. But, I think that is a function of what each specific blog is about.

Okay, I'm rambling... sorry.

I love your blog. You make my day.

Amenta said...

Angie,
I love checking your blog. It offers what at first appears to be a totally differnt point of view, but the more I read I find so many things in common with you. Fro instance, this topic hits home for me as well. I was just "venting" to a friend that no one in my family, or close friends visits my site. Its a funny thing. But, I am greatful for my internet friends and blogging peers to swing by.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Hey Tae'! You're such a sweety pie. Thanks for stopping by and giving your sistah some love. I need to roll around there and check out what you and Heber are doing.

Hey The Thinking Black Man! Brotha, you make my day every time you honor me with a visit. Keep doing me the honor. I love your blog too.

What's happening, Ensayn1? How are y ou doing, my brotha? I'm so glad that you were able to post a comment this time. I've been wondering if the problem with you posting comments was ever going to get cleared up. I'm glad it did. That way you can hit your sistah up and let me know what's up. Thanks for stopping by. I'm quite pleased.

With thanks in my heart,

Angie