Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Houston Obama Rally (Part III)

As we were sitting and waiting for the senator to come out and talk with us, the electricity in the room got so intense. The charge that was in the room was unbelievable. I was so excited that I was getting a chance to witness and absorb the energy that filled the Toyota Center.

I listened to the voices around me. (Black folks, white folks, hispanic folks, young folks, old folks, folks who were obviously educated, folks who appeared to not be formally educated, folks who appeared to be regular, run of the mill folks, folks that appeared to have a lot of green in their bank accounts, men, women, and children)

This was the America that I heard about, read about, and believed I lived in. But this was the first time that I felt like I was a member of a country that housed that much diversity. That night, I was one of the many pebbles in the mountain of diversity that resides here in the US. It was beautiful.

I was especially proud of the brothas that showed up to support Senator Obama. The sistas will always show up and show out. But the brothas... Well, let's just say that I was pleasantly shocked to see so many black men out there, announcing to the world that they were supporting Senator Obama to be the next president of the uS.

It was truly amazing to be apart of such a large group, 20K people, cheering and showing their love for the man who promises to lead the country with integrity, intelligence, and efficiency. I'm so glad that I left work early, and waded through the crowd to get in the place.

**Stay tuned for the last installment. Sorry for how long it is taking me to get this series of posts out.**

No comments: