Sunday, June 22, 2008

Check this article out about David Paterson.

I've been meaning to blog about David Paterson every since he was granted the opportunity to become governor of New York. But time always got away from me, and I never got around to doing it. I guess I really wanted to write a thoughtful post. And up until this particular post, I really had very little that I wanted to publically say about this historical appointment.
Well, I found an article about the brotha that I felt was worth sharing. My next post will be my thoughts on the article, David Paterson, and reflections about my experiences with what this particular article is about, feeling ashamed about being blind.

So, check out the article. It's nice. And let me know what you think.
Perhaps tomorrow or another day this week, I will post my response to this article, as well as my thoughts on David Paterson and his historical appointment to the highest governmental office held by a blind person in the United States of America. (Shucks, probably the world...)

David Paterson: I was ashamed to be blind.

2 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Hhhm very interesting. I had no idea of how someone who is blind would feel about the way the world would percieve them. He raises some very good points about perceptions. The article never mentions if he learned braille or what sort of things did his parents do to help him. I mean if he is just getting comfortable in the last few years, I can't imagine what he must have been feeling growing up, well before he has come to accept his blindness.

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

kid said...

Had kind of a so so day today, then I came across your blog.The kite article made me feel much better.Your photograph, you look fine,real fine.Now me in place of a photo I use the Jolly Roger standard. No I don't look that bad , I just use the flag as my logo. Made you laugh.You're a excellent writer I will visit later, take care.