Sunday, May 18, 2008

Why I Decided to take Questions

In the recent weeks, I've been thinking about hanging up my blogger's hat and discontinuing my commitment to Nuvision for a Nuday. I figured that I would either stop blogging once I got to 200 posts, which I'm almost there. Or I would stop blogging once I hit my birthtday, which is July 12th. Whichever event came first, I really, really had almost come close to ending all of this. Nope, I wasn't going to take down the blog completely. I was just going to stop posting.

Well, before I signed out, I wanted to take some time answering some questions that some of my readers may have regarding me, my blindness, my experiences, or whatever. Heck, if you want to ask me about anything, shoot. I'm open. I'll let you know what I think about all manners of things. **smile**

After having a conversation with my best friend, who currently resides on the left coast, I decided that I owe it to myself and others to continue in my quest to inform, to enlighten, to educate, to expose, to create awareness about what it is like to live life with blindness. The whole reason why I started blogging was to give sighted folks the opportunity to see life through the eyes of a blind woman. Not all blind people... Just me... Like I've said before, my experiences are mine and mine alone. However, many of my experiences as a blind person are not unique. But I guess what is unique is how these experiences impact me, how I respond, and how I view myself and my place in the world because of these extremely significant experiences I have had because of the veil that has been draped over my natural eyes.

Well, even though I have decided that I'm not going to stop blogging on Nuvision anytime soon, I still want to take those questions. In fact, I'll answer questions anytime. But for the next few months, probably the entire summer, my post will be the answer to some of the questions that have rolled in as a response of me opening myself up and announcing "question time" on Nuvision for a Nuday.

So, relax and ask me a question. I don't bite. I just answer. And most of the time, even if the question makes me feel a little uneasy, I still won't fly off the handle. I might not give you the answer you want. But I will answer. So, please ask.

Later today, I will post the answers to questions that I have received from three of my readers. And if any more questions roll in before the end of the day, I'll answer those too. So, check me out later tonight.

Peace,

Angela

2 comments:

The First Domino דומינו said...

At Angie: "I guess what is unique is how these experiences impact me, how I respond, and how I view myself and my place in the world...."

Angie, I'm pleased that you have rethought your decision to stop blogging.

Now that I've found you, I would like to stay in touch.

I like what you have said, and I have quoted above the statement that resonated the most for me.

Sometime ago, I came across the following words, and your statement brought them back to mind.

Nothing in my world is real.
The meaning of everything is the meaning I give it.

I am who I say I am;
my experience is what I say it is.


This statement is a distillation of my truth, but it doesn't have to be yours.

Just keep being true to yourself, and your own inner vision of who you are, and who you hope to be--the rest will take care of itself.

Namaste

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Thanks for your kind words. I'm listening...
And yes, we can stay in touch. As I stated in this entry, Nuvision and its author will be here. Hit me up anytime.
Peace,
Angie