Wednesday, August 06, 2008

IT'S HARDER TO SAY GOODBYE THAN I INITIALLY THOUGHT

After months of going back and forth, I reached my decision to stop posting new content on this blog. I prayed about it, talked to friends, even ran it by one of my most respected blogger friends. And after carefulling considering it all, I sat down and decided to just let it go.

Last night, I sat down and wrote my final blog entry for Nuvision for a Nuday. I wrote a long, long entry, pointing out that I have been doing this for over two years. I mentioned how the final post was actually the 200th post on this blog. I thanked friends, visitors, and all those who have supported me.

Likewise, I discussed the purpose of the blog, and pointed out how I had achieved that purpose. I even provided the folks with a little insight on what I was going to be doing after making that final post.

After carefully constructing my goodbyes for the blog and my blogger family, I hit publish, like I always do. then I did what I always do next; I clicked on the link to view my blog, so that I can make sure that it posted correctly.

When I saw that final post up there, a storm of weird emotions hit me. I felt like I was turning my back on a good friend, kicking a loved one to the curb, divorcing a good partner, all because I was not as interested anymore. I felt so disloyal. I felt like I was doing something wrong.

I left the post there for a few minutes, telling myself that I needed to stand on my decision. I continued to read the post, while telling myself that my decision was sound and one that I could stick with. But before I could read the entire post, I quickly logged back in and deleted it from my entries.

I thought about my darling, Heber, over at www.faithinactiononline.com, who told me to just give myself a break for a while and then revisit whether or not I wanted to continue. And that's what I'm going to do. He disclosed how he had also experienced some burn out of some sorts, and considered shutting his blog down. But he took a break, considered the impact of his decision, and returned to his friend, his writing pad, his blog.

I too will take a break. Will I return, ready to write, to post new content, to decorate the blog with fresh experiences? I don't know. But I will come back to let you know what my plans are.

I'm going to take a break for a couple of months. While I'm gone, I will be working on various writing projects, teaching at a local college, starting my speaking career, and even praying whether or not it truly is the right thing for me to end my commitment to maintain this blog.

On October 15, I will meet you back here. On that day, I will inform you of my final decision to continue blogging here or to move on to another place in my life. Either way, I will keep you in the loop.

If you need to contact me, I will still be receving comments in my personal in-box. You can also e-mail me at angie.braden@gmail.com.

I wish you the best in all you do. May you rest in the palm of God's hand.

Much love and peace,

Angela L. Braden

3 comments:

Marie K. said...

Angela, you are truly an inspiring person! You have such a unique and positive outlook on life! For the short time I've known you, i've learned that no matter what life throws at you, if you keep smiling and pushing on, you'll always come out on top. The blogging community will definitely miss while you take a break. Whether you decide to continue blogging or move on to other exciting things God has for you, I wish you the best!


To the woman who can see far more than any set of eyes-thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

I do believe that you found the perfect job for you and that is teaching, becasue you really are soo passionate for teaching and you sure did grab my attention in class and held on to it because it was so much fun to be in your class and truly learn something. I am so greatful to have had a teacher as wonderful as you. You taught me so much in the short amount of time. I thanks you for it.

MackDiva said...

Saying goodbye is never easy, and I'm glad you rethought your initial departure. I think blogs like yours are necessary to give us insight into how the other half lives. However, I do recognize the need for a break. Either way, don't abandon your audience for too long -- they need your voice.