Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mr. Moon, We've got to Talk.

Dear Mr. Moon,

What it is about you that has me so captivated. Why is that you are able to enthrall me with your power. Even though I know I have things to do the next day, I still stay up with you almost your entire shift.

You and I have had this little romance far too long. I think it is time for me to end this relationship. We've had our good times, and you certainly provided me some relaxing nights. But I'm not so sure if you are still good for me and my well being.

I shouldn't have to choose. I shouldn't have to feel like I would rather my late, creative, quiet nights over a alert, bright, happy work day. I wish I could have both you and Mr. Sun. But I think I'm getting too old to work both of you. You two are waring me out! So, now I'm finally going to have to choose. I think for at least right now, you are going to have to be the one that goes.

Tonight, I'm going to escape your seduction. Well, at least, I will try. Don't call my name. Okay...

Angie

3 comments:

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Why am I still up? My goodness... It's 5 minutes to 1:00. I'm getting ready to run to the bed.

Dangerfield said...

Angela I am truly feeling you. Although I must admit I cannot stay away from the seduction of mr. moon. The night owl in my will not let mr. moon go just yet.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Hey Mark! Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

Yes, I know what you mean. Friday night was the first night that I went to bed at a reasonable hour. And that was just because I fell out and couldn't stay up. I slept for about 11 hours. I think my body was making up for lost time.