Thursday, August 28, 2008

Family Photo Albums

When I was a kid, I loved looking through our family photo albums. I loved seeing happy faces and seeing the definite maturity of certain family members. I especially loved seeing pictures of myself as a smaller child.

That's one of the things I miss so much since I lost my sight. I miss not being able to sit down in the middle of the floor with a few photo albums, looking at the visual history of me and my folks. I also miss filling new photo albums with newly taken pictures.

In the last few days, my folks have been showing my darlin', Jasmine, pictures of the family. Jasmine has gotten a big kick out of seeing all of her aunts as kids, and especially her mother as a child. Likewise, she has been thrilled to see baby photos of herself, her brother, Joseph, and her cousin/best friend, Gabby.

Listening to them look through the photo albums has made me remember why I loved pictures so much in the past. I wish I could sit down and look through the pictures with them. But I can't. And for a moment, I felt a little sad.

What's so interesting is that now, I hate taking pictures. But that's only because I worry about how I look in those pictures. That's another blog post entirely.

No comments: