Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I Changed My Mind!

After I posted my final post for NuVision, I started grieving. I haven't been able to get my blog off my mind.

I started thinking about all the people that stumble upon my blog. I thought about all the people that purposely travel to this spot.

I wondered was there another blogger that would and could replace my voice. and then I realized that was impossible.

My voice, my experience, and my perspectives are so incredibly unique. they are so unique that I need and must continue writing.

I'm perhaps the only African American, blind, college educated, professionally employed woman on the web, who is willing to self disclose to this degree.

Perhaps I'll take a two month break. However, I'll continue to use this platform to raise the awareness of issues, concerns, and perspectives of individuals with disabilities, in particular, blindness.

So, I'm back!

Angie Braden

4 comments:

Becky Andrews said...

Welcome back - I missed your voice.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Thanks!!! I'm glad to be back!

Anonymous said...

Angie no one can say what you say on any of the blogs out there, at least that I read. You bring a totally different perspective that we are unable to bring. You deal with things on a level many of us cannot experience. I would really miss reading you.

Anonymous said...

When you get the opportunity check this article out, http://lindasyoga.blogspot.com/2009/12/tis-season-for-giving-and-karma-yoga.html
Maybe you can add another perspective from your vantage point.


Victor "Ensayn" Amenta