Sunday, March 10, 2013

I'm on my way!

I'm in the process of writing my first memoir. I've been on this journey for a couple years now. Starting and stopping as the spirit of faith or fear hits me. I've come to the conclusion that I need to write as if my life depends on it. I cannot allow fear, family medical problems, and even my personal health to distract me from achieving my publishing goals. I will be a published author!!!!!!! I declare it!

I've recently connected with a writing coach to help me access and utilize all the tools to construct a beautiful memoir. My writing coach, who is a New York Times' best selling author, actually gave me a good review of the first 15 pages of my manuscript. She gave me some constructive criticism that I absolutely needed to help me make definite improvements to my memoir. I'm hoping that at the end of the month, I can submit at least 100 pages of my manuscript to her for critical review and feedback.

I've also been researching literary agents that I believe will be a good fit for me. While I'm kind of afraid to be rejected by dozens of literary agents, I'm not going to allow my fear to paralyze my efforts to aquire agent representation this year. I'm resting in the idea that God will connect me with the person that I need to be connected with. It shall happen!

I'll keep you all posted as I carve out this specific block of my life into my first published memoir.

No comments: