Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I GOT MY HOE AND I’M READY TO WORK


Although I’m tempted to use this opportunity to complain about pretty much any and everything that is going on in my life, I won’t. I’ve just had an epiphany... Complaining ain’t getting me no where. I think I commit too much of my priceless time discussing how much I hate the current landscape of my life. Day after day and night after night, I stand up, peer into this garden called my life and look at the jacked up flower beds, the dying grass, and the hungry, busy, determined pests, eating away of what’s left in my life. Instead of grabbing my hoe, shovel, and a can of pesticide to make every effort to intervene, I’ve been sitting here staring with utter disgust. It’s time to stop mourning the loss of the growth, fruitfulness, and life that was once in the garden. It’s time to clean up, fertilize, water, and maintain this garden. Complaints ain’t gon’ get this garden back alive. Work-work-work will…

In the next few days, I’ll get to work doing things that count. I’m always busy. I’m not a lazy person. I just think I’ve been spending far too much time tending to other folks gardens, while my garden has been suffering due to gross neglect. Shame on me!

Don’t get me wrong, I do things for me. I’ve lost weight, started grad school, and take care of my home… But all of that stuff might make me better. But it is not the stuff to make me my best. I need to make a commitment to enter into my destiny. It’s time to get busy doing tasks that effect my destiny as it relates to God’s master plan for me.

Believe me, everything we do or not do certainly effects our destiny. Either we will have the life that God has called us to. Or we will have the life we have stumbled and fumbled into. It doesn’t even matter if you’ve been sincere in the fumbling that you were doing. Sincerity is nice. But it doesn’t help you develop into what you’ve been called to do. If anything, be sincere when making steps to fulfill your life call.

That sermon was mainly for me. But if you needed it to, make sure you chew before swallowing.

I’ve made this commitment before, but I’ll just make it again. Hopefully, this time I will not falter. I WILL GET MY SPEAKING BUSINESS OFF OF THE GROUND AND INTO THE SKY WHERE IT BELONGS. Okay, I did it. Another commitment. But this time… The possibilities are limitless when you make a commitment and maintain the commitment. I’m looking forward to this adventure.

One love,

Angie

No comments: