Saturday, March 31, 2007

AM I READY TO TAKE THAT FINAL BOW?

Ladama’s death confirmed something for me… You never know when your contract is going to expire. I think it’s time for me to starting hitting as hard as I can. I got to start banging out my legacy in this earth.

As much as I would like to think that I will live a long life, far as I know, I could be taking my last breaths this very hour. We really don’t know when our last day is. I know I don’t. And you might as well accept it, you don’t know either.

If I died today, the fact is they will be able to say that I lived a good life. It’s true. I have lived a good life. With the help of God, I’ve accomplished a lot. I’ve done things that will make most folks shake in their boots. I’m thankful for all of my experiences, the good and the bad ones.

But have I accomplished all that God ordained me to accomplish in my life? Have I done everything that God hoped for me to do up until this minute? I’m sure I haven’t.

It’s time for me to get moving. I have a lot of work to do. I need to make use of this time that God has loaned to me.

That way when I die, they will say she lived her life to the max. They will marvel at all of the things that I squeezed in these very few hours that we are given to live. They will say that she served an awesome God.

I’m making an announcement. I’m getting ready to finish the book that I started writing a few years ago. I’m also going to start writing my memoirs. It’s time…

Keep me in your prayers. I need the Lord.

ALB

No comments: