Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm so proud!

This is an exciting day for me. Today is my bloggerversary! I've been blogging for a full year. What an accomplishment.

The reason why this is an accomplishment is because I have often started journals and never kept up with them. This is the first time that I committed to write on a continual basis, without someone else motivating me, such as a boss or a professor. I did this all by myself and with my own motivations.

Maintaining this blog has been important to me. I have learned a lot about me. And I also feel that I have shared a lot with others about my journey as a woman, who happens to be blind. No doubt about it, blindness has massively impacted my life. This blog gives me the opportunity to at least make notes of how blindness and disability in general have impacted my life.

Yes, notes... I could never truly tell the whole story. I don't have the energy to do so. And when I do have the energy, I'll be writing a book.

I want to thank all of those who drop by here every so often. I do realize it's only a few. But that's okay. This blog is for anyone that can be blessed, even me.

A big thanks to Rev. Heber Brown. His blog, www.faithinactiononline.wordpress.com, was the first to catch my attention. In fact, I had never posted on anyone's blog before his. It was his blogging that motivated me to register my own blog. I've been blogging every since.

Well, God bless you real good. I pray that God's wisdom, peace, and love wraps itself all around you. I pray the same for myself.

Only because of the cross,

Angela L. Braden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations my sister! I am so proud of you. Your blog is one of a kind with deeply intimate sharings, personal reflections, and "publication-worthy" poems. (I see you getting your Maya Angelou on:) Keep it up! The book is well on the way now.

Your brother,
Heber

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Heber, thanks for the encouragement.