Wednesday, July 25, 2007

SHE GET IT FROM HER AUNTIE

I am the proud aunt of 3 beautiful children. A beautifully handsome, little boy, named Joseph-A long-haired, loving, princess, named Gabrielle-And a brilliant, mature, firecracker, named Jasmine. Each one of these children have given me so much joy and indescribable pleasure. Sometimes, I think about how much I would like to be a mother. But for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied from the love and acceptance I get from being the aunt of such wonderful kids.

Sometimes, it really hurts me that I don't know what the kids look like. I have a picture of what I think they look like in my head. But it is really likely that I have created an image that is not like the truth.

What's so exciting about one of the kids though is that I am told that Jasmine looks like me when I was a kid. That thrills me to no end. Not because I'm so stuck on myself, or because I get off on knowing she looks like me. But it's because, now I know what she looks like.

You see, I haven't been able to see in many years. So, I don't have a memory or any kind of reference to help me imagine how those kids really look. I go on whatever description that's given to me to construct an imagined image in my head. But the truth is, I could be totally off track when it comes to how the kids really look. Yes, I'm convinced that they're cute. But what makes them so cute is kind of a mystery to me.

But if Jasmine looks like I did when I was a child, I got the image in my head. I remember what 4-year-old Angie looked like. FYI... I was a good looking girl. So, that let's me know that my Jasmine is a foxy little mommy.

If I don't have children of my own, I'm glad that I have a little carbon copy of me out here in the world. I hope that Jasmine grows up to do a million times the things that I have done so far in my life.

BTW: Another thing Jasmine gets from me is her fierce determination. So, I have no doubt in my mind that this little lady will do great things with her life. She's only 3-years-old. But she is already a leader, an independent thinker, a communicator, and a nurturer.

With looks, determination, and gifts like her auntie, I'm sure she will take the world by storm. I'm just joking... (smile)

But I really do expect the best for her. I expect the best for all of them. Actually, I demand the best for each of them.

Lord, I thank you for Joseph, Gabby, and Jazz. Protect them from harm and destruction. And guide them to truth, love, and spiritual satisfaction.

Loving the little ones with all my heart,

Angie
Proud Aunt

P.S.
I'll post pictures of the kids here on my blog later this week. Even though I can't see them, I'll still share them with you. See how unselfish I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have a picture of what I think they look like in my head. But it is really likely that I have created an image that is not like the truth."

Isn't this the human condition? Those of us who can see, often are seeing what we want to see and not what's there. That's one reason why two people looking at the same shit can have such differing points of view. I guess what's critical is knowing yourself

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Maxjulian, you are so right.

Thanks for stopping by.