Monday, July 23, 2007

To Be Understood

It's always good to be a person that seeks to understand the people you are around, the world you live in, God's plan for your life, and how all of that good stuff flows together. But there are times, where a person really needs to be understood. And that's where my girl, Miko, comes in. This sistah probably understands me better than anyone else on this planet.

Yeah, there are a couple of folks that have managed to see beyond the heavy veil that I have placed around me. But Miko probably knows more than anyone how I look in all of my naked glory. (I ain't talking about butt naked. I'm talking about emotional nakedness. Get your mind out of the gutter. LOL)

I can call Miko, and this sistah can somehow always manage to understand where I'm coming from. Yes, we have disagreements, and we don't always see eye to eye. But even that's okay. The way we disagree is still understanding and full of complete acceptance.

Her ability to accept all of me, makes me open up and lay all of my crap on the table for her wide eyes to see. Well, maybe not all my crap... But most of it... And even though she has seen and witnessed me in most of my most messed up times, she still manages to call me friend. Now, how fabulous is that?! How merciful is that?

I really do appreciate Miko. I really, really don't know what I would have done without her in the last 12 years. Well, I probably would have needed a high priced counselor, some colorful pills, or a glass pipe. Thank God for Miko. Maybe if I had met her 14 years ago, I probably would have never been on the bottle.

Lord, I thank you for the beautiful gift that you have given me in my friend Miko. I will never take our friendship for granted. Help me to be the friend that she has been to me all these years.

God bless Miko. She deserves it.

With love,

Angela
Friend of an even Better Friend

No comments: