Thursday, December 18, 2008

I did it!

Those of you that read this blog on a regular know that I've been taking an online class to become certified as an online instructor at the college where I teach. It was a nerve wrecking experience. But I finally got through it last week. And after I finished, I submitted by course design to the distance learning office to get the final approval. This afternoon, I was pleased indeed when I received this note from the distance learning office.

**Dear Ms. Braden,

Your course has been reviewed along with the Project Review Guidelines and I am happy to report that your course does meet these requirements and you are certified! I have attached a copy of the guide for your records

Congratulations on completing the process for Level I Certification to teach online. Your record will be marked as complete in My Workshops and we will send a certificate of completion to you at LSC-Kingwood.

Best Regards,

Chantell W. Hines, Ph.D.
Instructional Technologist
Lone Star Online
Lone Star College System**

Can you believe that last week I felt like giving up. I even had a little anxiety attack regarding this class. But I stayed on course and finished the race. Thank God for persistence!

When the task that has been put in front of you seems to be overwhelming and insermountable, don't give up. Stay on task. And always keep moving. Even when you're tired, keep moving. Even when you can't see your way, just keep moving.

Be encouraged!

Angela Braden
Mountain Climber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a Mountain Climber.

Congratulations!

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Thank God for your students showing you the nurturing you needed to pull through this. They love your style. Congratulations.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Thanks Anon. (And as always, thank you, KIT.