Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What an Honor!!! (2008 Weblog Awards)

I'm delighted to announce that NuVision for a NuDay was selected to be a finalist in the 2008 Weblog Awards! Yipee!!!

NuVision for a NuDay is one of 10 blogs that will get a chance to be crowned "Best Diarist of the Year". Wouldn't that be amazing if I actually win the award?

At this point, I'm sure there are a few of you that are wondering, "Who are the Weblog Awards; and why does this matter to you?"

The Weblog Awards describe themselves as being "the world's largest blog competition with over 545,000 votes cast in 2007 edition and nearly two million votes cast in all editions since 2003." This particular year, they received over 5,000 nominations for the 2008 edition of the awards. After a careful and thoughtful selection process, 500 blogs were selected to be finalists in 48 categories.

So, for NuVision to be one of the blogs honored as a finalist is rather significant and quite an achievement as a blogger. Plus, this notable mention will provide my blog with greater exposure and will hopefully boost my readership. I am excited about more people becoming aware that people with disabilities are capable of being productive, insightful, employed, socially attractive, responsible, and happy.

It has been and will continue to be my desire that NuVision for a NuDay will be one of the tools that decrease discrimination, increase respect, and shatter stereotypes. If I'm not mistaken, I think that my blog is the only blog that is a finalist in the awards that focuses on disability related issues. So, I feel a little pressure to maximize this opportunity to represent for disability bloggers all over the world. But I'm confident that my blog's presence on the list of finalist is a wonderful opportunity for me to share with thousands the experiences of a person with a disability, in particular, blindness.

I'm also honored to be one of the few bloggers of color to be selected as a finalist in this year's Weblog Awards. I'm a proud member of the Afrosphere! So, it's great to be able to rep for them as well.

To learn more about the awards, and to see a list of the finalist, click on the below link.
.

I'll be sure to announce how and when you can vote for NuVision for a NuDay.

Have a satisfying and peaceful day!

Angela L. Braden
Author of NuVision for a NuDay
Finalist for the 2008 Weblog Awards

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats are definitely in order. Well done, miss. I don't know how many will congratulate you, but let me be amongst them.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Thanks Jose! I appreciate your congrats.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there Angie! {waves}

Thank you so much for stopping by my place with congratulations!!

I am so happy to know that you are a finalist!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Big Up Angie! Congratulations on your nomination. And to think you were gonna give up blogging. Keep it going.

Angela L. Braden, Writer, Speaker, Professor said...

Thanks Lisa for stopping by and celebrating with me. Come again. And again, congratulations for being selected as a finalist as well.

Ensayn, my dear: Thank you so much for hanging in there with me. You've been kicking it with Angie for a long time now. So, you know how I wanted to let my blog go. I'm so glad that I didn't give into the temptation to be lazy. LOL
E, I would be lying if I said I didn't want to win this. So, I'm going to be asking all of you guys to encourage your readers to vote for me. I hope that's okay.
BTW: Happy New Year! I hope you experience an overabundance of peace, happiness, success, and love.
Angie

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Congrats on being a finalist, Angie! What an honor!

~ Kit

rikyrah said...

Angie, congratulations!!