Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sarah: Your lipstick has been revoked, and I now award you a muzzle. Use it!

"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation. This is where we find the kindness and the goodness and the courage of everyday Americans. Those who are running our factories and teaching our kids and growing our food and are fighting our wars for us. Those who are protecting us in uniform. Those who are protecting the virtues of freedom." Gov. Sarah Palin

If you don't believe me, take a listen for yourself.

Am I not a "real" American, just because I don't live in a small town?
Do I not love my country, just because I don't live in one of those pockets that the self described "hockey mom" has been visiting?

Well, let me tell you something, Mrs. Palin.

I am a proud American. And the last time I checked, my large city, Houston, is considered the fourth largest city in the United States of America. Last I checked, millions of proud Americans, who serve their country in the classrooms, in uniform on the city streets and in the battlefields of Iraq, and in the hospitals, taking care of the uninsured, also reside in Houston and many other large cities around the country. Last I checked, my father, Thurman the Plumber, who is also a proud American, lives here in Houston. And if I'm not mistaken, my mother, a retired school teacher of 25-years, also calls Houston, this massive town, home. And let me see... Oh yeah, I also live here, working hard to educate American students, as well as students who obviously think highly of the American higher education system.

How dare you, especially as a vice president candidate, question the patriotism of Americans that don't reside in a small town or what you call "the little pockets" of this country? How dare you consider small towns and "little pockets" "real America, suggesting that somehow other parts are not real"? What, do we, those of us who live in large cities, live in "fake America"? Do we not count as American?

Tell me, Sarah: Do you negate the "realness" of the larger cities because they are too colorful for you? Is that what it is? Is it too diverse for you? Are there too many people that don't look like you?

Well, I hate to inform you that when you decided to run for VP of this United States of America, you were not running to represent only the small towns and the "little pockets" of this country. Your job as VP would've been to serve all of us, even those of us that you don't think are pro American, those of us who live in these big old, colorful cities.

Sarah, let me give you some advice. Shut your pretty little mouth up and just smile for the cameras all the way until November 4th!

There is no point in you continuing to prove how anti-American "you" are.
There is no point in you continuing to show us that you really had no intentions at all in serving "all" of America.
There is no point in proving to us how you struggle with being truly patriotic when it comes to respecting and serving "all" of America.
There is no point in showing us that John McCain's selection of you as his running mate was the worst mistake that he made in this campaign.
There is no point in showing us how you really do have ethnocentric and xenophobic beliefs.
There is no point in you going down in the history books as a VP nominee that didn't mind using hate, fear, and lies to shamelessly try to salvage your losing campaign.

So, just be quiet. But then again, keep talking. Because the more you flap that lipstick painted mouth of yours, the closer we get to electing Senator Obama as POTUS. Thanks to your role in this campaign, America will finally see its first African American President of the United States.

So, on the other hand, you can have your lipstick back. A muzzle might actually help you and John McCain win the White house. And that certainly doesn't need to happen. America needs a president and vice president that cares about "all" of America, not just the parts that look like them.

2 comments:

MackDiva said...

Uh, how do you REALLY feel? LOL You know I'm just playing. You expressed your sentiments -- and some of mine -- perfectly.

I'm sure they'll welcome her back to her pocket of real America.

rikyrah said...

Angie,

very few things make me respond with an automatic

FUCK YOU

more than White folks questioning Black folks' patriotism.

I just have no tolerance for it.

And this woman..

I really haven't deeply expressed how much I absolutely loathe her. I believe she's a joke. She's an utter joke. I take politics seriously. I take the governance of this country seriously. And, even when I disagree with you, I MUST be able to believe that you take it seriously, or have the capability of doing such.

That's why Shrub bothered the hell out of me. He was dumb.Cheney was evil and wicked, but Shrub was dumb. But, she makes Shrub look like a Rhodes Scholar. The obviousness of her mediocrity is the most glaring thing about her, and fuck her about being ' real America'. I believe my family's been here on these shores longer than hers, so I will take the claim of being a REAL AMERICAN.