Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Game

When I began the task of working a conventional job, I was a little unclear of my purpose of living. Well, I wasn’t exactly unclear; I was just unclear if I wanted to follow that path. Now, that I’ve been going to work for a couple of weeks, I already have seen a transformation taking place in my heart and mind. I am more determined than ever to live, love, and be free.

I’ve had a couple of challenges on my job. I’m real proud of myself for sticking it out. I feel stronger, wiser, and more mature for not cutting and running from my problems. It’s only been two weeks, but I feel like a different woman.

I like getting out of the house and coming to work. It’s good for me to get out and interact with other professionals. Sometimes, when you don’t work around others for such a long time, you lose sight of the fact that there is a big world that’s spinning all around you. I’m more aware of that world and my place in it.

I feel excited about the days to come. A couple of weeks ago, I actually wished I was resting under 6 feet of dirt. But today, I’m glad to be walking on top of the ground, rather than sleeping under it.

I feel rebirthed, restarted, reenergized, refreshed, and reactivated. I know in my heart of hearts that I really can do whatever I put my mind to do.

Yes, my blindness presents itself as a hurdle. But the hurdle can be leaped over. It might take a little bit more effort to do the job, but I can do it.

I’m learning every day that life is not fair. It just isn’t. No matter how much I recognize how unfair it is, life is still going to be unfair. I have to accept that. It is what it is.

So, with that being said, it is high time for me to take the cards that I have been unfairly dealt and play the game with fury. It’s time for me to take this deck and win all the money on the table.

I like to be in the presence of my daddy and my sister when they are playing cards or dominoes. They play those cards and dominoes like it is going to be there last game. They throw the dominoes, slap them down on the table, and scream out their victory. My sister slaps and slides her cards on the table when she is playing Spades. She doesn’t hold back at all.

That’s how I got to play this game of life. I got to play it like it’s my last game. I got to hit it like my life depends on it. And I got to play like losing is not even an option.

I’m officially in the game. And I’m in the game to win.

Peace,

Angie

Talk to God. He’s listening.

No comments: