Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama

Today is my dear mommy's birthday. I love this woman so much. She is my rock, my love, my hope, my strength, my supporter, and my friend.

Five years ago, she had a massive stroke. No one expected my mother to still be with us on this side of life. I'm going to admit it. There were many times, I thought my mother was going to go to heaven. To be quite honest, I always hoped Mama would live to see these days. But I wasn't always sure if she would.

I'm so glad that God has graciously given me more time with the woman I so intensely love. I'm really not sure what I would do with myself without her.

I do realize that the day my mother and father will leave this earth will come sooner than I wish. I prepare myself daily by loving them as much as I can. I do everything that I can to make sure that each day that their left with me is filled with love, kindness, peace, comfort, and hope.

That way, when they do leave, I'll have no regrets. I'll be left with good memories. What a wonderful gift from my parents. Good memories...

Right before this post, I posted an essay that I wrote about her last year, entitled "Love, The Best Medicine." Check it out and enjoy.

God bless you Mama! I love you very much!

Here's to 10 more years of improving health and increasing happiness.

No comments: