Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to take a moment and some space on my blog to wish all the mothers in the world a very Happy Mother's Day.

I especially want to wish my mother and my two sisters, Paula and Frances a Happy Mother's day. My mother and my sisters have given birth to some beautiful, smart, incredibly charming children. (smile)

Happy Mother's Day to Claudetta. God bless her for what she does.

Happy Mother's Day to my aunts, cousins, and friends. You deserve more than a day. You deserve a million bucks.

Today, I also send out a prayer for my friends and family whose mothers have flown away to heaven. (Alicia, Darryl, Pamela, Sandra, and Erica)

I'm thinking about my grandmothers. Both of them politely excused themselves from this world and went to go make a eternal home with God when I was a teenager. I miss them. I wish they were here to love me and to let me love them right back. I wish they were here so I could make them proud of a child that actually extends from them.

I'm also thinking of my friend Ladama. In April, her children were faced with the sad reality of having to live life without their mother. I pray that her 3 young sons are doing okay today and the days to come.

I'm also thinking of my sister's best friend. She was a mother of two extremely young sons. I also pray that God is with them today and for the days to come.

The other day was my mother's birthday. I celebrated her by posting a few words about her on my blog. She's a great woman. I pray that she and I have years to grow closer, to love each other more, to laugh together, go on trips together, watch the Young and the Restless together, and watch Jasmine, Joseph, and Gabby grow up in the beautiful people I know that they're going to be. I also hope she lives long enough to be a grandmother to the future grandbabies that are sure to come. I hope Mama lives long enough to see me in love and/ or married. I hope she lives long enough to see me financially take care of myself and her, and still have a fat savings.

Well, this post ended up being longer than I intended for it to be. But that's okay... Mothering takes a lot longer than mothers intend for it to be.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU ANGELA.. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALSO.. YOU HAVE PLAYED A ROLE OF A MOTHER NOT TO US BUT ALSO OUR KIDS AND OTHER KIDS WHO COME OUR WAY... SOOO I HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY...

LOVE ALWAYS

FRANCES LANELL BRADEN