Saturday, May 19, 2007

Revisiting the post, Stars and Stripes

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a blog entry, entitled Stars and Stripes. I talked about how I sometimes injure myself around the house. No, not major injuries... But from time to time, I have a little accident and hurt myself. Is it due to my blindness? Yeah, but mostly because I won't be more careful.

(My friends say I'm just too fast. LOL)

Well, a couple of days ago, I was headed to the kitchen to get something for my little rabbit, Jasmine. Then out of no where, the corner of the wall seemed to stick out more than it usually does. My baby toe slammed into the base of the wall.

Well, anytime a person stubs their toe, it hurts. But this time, it wasn't just a typical stubbing of the toe. Blood went every where. And the pain... Oh, the pain was enough to send me hopping on one foot, saying some not so nice words in my head, and howling a high pitched "ow.".

Everybody came running to see what the heck was wrong with me. Nobody could believe that I was bleeding like that from just hitting my foot against the wall. It's not like I was kicking the wall. I was just walking. Not running... Walking...

Well, my toe has been hurting for 2 days now. I can't even wear my shoes. Can you believe that?

Today, the Black Expo is going on here in Houston. I can't even go because my pinky tow hurts too bad to put on a shoe. Amazing...

I have to go somewhere Monday. And I'm going to have to put on a shoe for that meeting. The kind of shoe that hurts on a good foot day... I need to be all better by then. (Please God.)

You know, hurting myself really doesn't bother me too much. But when that injury last for some days and impairs my activities, then I'm bothered.

I guess I do need to slow down and be more careful.

P.S.
I used the linking function on this post. Yipee!

2 comments:

Lola Gets said...

Ive broken my left baby toe doing just that!
lol
L

dc_speaks said...

wow...you have some excellent topics going on over here as well.

Hey Lola...i see you everywhere.

I am wishing you a speedy recovery on the big toe. I am a big dude but those times when I broke a toe or had an ingrown nail...it put me down like I was an infant.

Have an awesome week and congrats on learning how to link on your site.

Peace.