Saturday, May 19, 2007

Yay!!! I finally figured it out.

I'm so excited! I've just had a milestone moment with my blog.

I finally figured out how to post a link on my blog. I know most of you (the sighted) don't realize what a big deal that is. But let me explain. Many web sites have little or no accessibility for blind computer users. Many of the editting buttons that make life easier for the sighted are often trouble for those of us who cannot see. And although Blogger does a pretty good job, blind life on Blogger is not perfect.

(It's times like this that I wish I had linked up with some of the tech geeks that I have run across in the blindness circles. I know they know what to do. Many of them are pure genius.)

Well, every since I started this journey of blogging a little over a year ago, I've been wanting to tag links to text items. Well, no matter what I tried to do to figure it out, I just could never get it.

But this morning, after sitting at my computer for about an hour, I found a help file that explained. Well, the helpful wasn't completely helpful. But it put me on the right track. After twisting and hammering away on my keyboard, trying to figure out the combination of keystrokes to do what I wanted to do, I finally got it.

Now, I feel more comfortable with the creation of my new blog. I realize that the new blog will have much more visitors than this one. So, I have to step up my blogging game.

Once I get the other blog up and running, I'll attach a link right here.

Until then, be blessed and don't be afraid of challenges. Challenges are not to be feared, they are to be overcame.

(Is that the right grammar? Doesn't sound right... LOL)

No comments: